Senior Project Manager
The team behind London Design Festival is looking for an experienced Senior Project Manager to drive development of two flagship design exhibitions.
20 Month contract
Full Time Start Date: April 2017
Salary range: £30,000 – £38,000 p.a.
Deadline: 20th March
Design Frontiers: 18 – 24 September 2017
Design Frontiers is a new, curated exhibition launching in September 2017, and organised by the producers of London Design Festival and London Design Biennale. Up to twenty major international designers will create inspiring installations in the West Wing and Terrace Galleries at Somerset House to coincide with the Festival.
London Design Biennale: 4 – 23 September 2018
Following the enormous success of the inaugural exhibition, the London Design Biennale will again occupy all the exhibition spaces at Somerset House in September 2018. The Biennale will provide a prestigious, global stage for the world's leading contemporary design and design-led innovation, creativity and research disciplines to present up to fifty national installations, from across six continents.
The London Design Biennale and Design Frontiers are looking for a Senior Project Manager with the capacity to coordinate and manage two multi-exhibitor events at Somerset House. The first, Design Frontiers, is a smaller event which will establish the candidate's working knowledge of Somerset House, laying the groundwork for the delivery of the larger-scale London Design Biennale in 2018. The ideal candidate will have experience in project delivery, from inception to realisation, providing strategic direction and instruction to the project delivery team and working with a number of different exhibiting parties. The chosen candidate will be an integral part of the organisation and will be forging new relationships with our key partners.
- Assess individual exhibitor project feasibility
- Review and improve systems to streamline project management
- Manage and coordinate budgets, timelines and schedules
- Oversee the request and compilation of required install information, including Health and Safety CDM, RAMS and insurance documents
- Manage junior members of the team
- Liaise and develop positive working relationships with contractors
- Coordinate between Somerset House, contractors and the internal team
- Ensure project development is to schedule
- Create and manage onsite delivery schedule
- Act as main point of contact for onsite contractors
- Troubleshoot installation issues with exhibitors and contractors
- Monitor making good works
- Managing post event debriefs and reporting
- 6 years minimum relevant experience
- Good understanding of the project management and logistic processes including: H&S and CDM considerations, site and operation logistics, installation and de-installation processes and event management
- Experience managing multi-exhibitor installations
- A keen organisational sense with meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to think clearly and solve problems effectively under pressure
- Great interpersonal skills Ability to work well in a small team while being able to manage and prioritise your own workload
- Ability to interpret install plans
To apply, please send your resumé and a one page covering letter with the subject SENIOR PROJECT MANAGER to: email@example.com by 20 March 2017. We look forward to hearing from you.