International Relations and Programmes Manager
Start date: July 2017
Salary: £30 - 35,000 depending on experience
Following the enormous success of the inaugural exhibition, the London Design Biennale will again occupy all the exhibition spaces at Somerset House in September 2018. The Biennale will provide a prestigious, global stage for the world's leading contemporary design and design-led innovation, creativity and research disciplines to present up to fifty national installations, from across six continents.
The Biennale team is looking for an experienced and dynamic International Relations and Programmes Manager, with an interest in growing and supporting new and existing connections with Embassies, Ministries, cultural institutions and designers. We are seeking an individual who understands the complexities of working in an international field, or has a demonstrable interest in international design. Experience of, or interest in, conference organisation or public programme development is a key asset. The successful candidate will be a critical member of the Biennale core team.
Key Responsibilities Include
- Cultivating and managing relationships with key stakeholders
- Researching new partners within the international design community
- Delivering partner participation
- Keeping participants to contracted timelines
- Developing and delivering complementary programming with Biennale Director
- Creating reports and briefing documents
- Site visits with potential partners
- Team administration
- Assist on special projects as required
- 6 years' minimum relevant experience within a relationship management role
- Proven experience of cultivation of new networks / contacts
- Demonstrable diplomatic skills and the confidence to deal with high-profile contacts
- Experience organising conferences or public programming
- Database experience
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to work well in a small team while being able to manage and prioritise your own workload
To apply, please send your CV and a separate one page covering letter detailing your relevant experience and how you meet the key requirements, with the subject INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS AND PROGRAMME MANAGER to: email@example.com by 19 June 2017. We look forward to hearing from you.